Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Blush blunders and contouring confusion.

I have been seeing a lot of gals using blush underneath their cheek bones for sculpting and contouring instead of using blush as it was intended (for a flush of color) and to me, this under the cheek look just screams 1980's "streaky cheek". This I cannot cope with. Please, for the sake of humanity, use contouring foundation or bronzer for sculpting those cheek bones, and keep the blush to the apple of your cheeks.

Cream blush if you're dry or combination, a stain or powder if you're oily . . . I actually layer a stain and powder on myself. Need help finding the right spot for application? Simply smile. The "apples" pop out a bit, and that is the proper placement for a flush of color.

Use either a darker foundation, concealer or MATTE bronzer to accentuate the hollow underneath the cheek bone - and blend! Blend like mad I tell you. I cannot emphasize enough the need to blend.


Sad blush.

RAD blush!



My favorite blush formulas:

Stain: Benefit's "Benetint", "Posy Tint" & "Cha Cha Tint"

Powder: Tarte Amazonian Clay in "Glisten" and "Natural Beauty"

Cream: Nars The Multiple in "Orgasm" & Clinique Blushwear Cream Stick in "Rosy Blush"


My favorite contouring bronzers:

Powder: Sephora Collection Matte Bronzer in "Bora Bora"

Cream: Tarte Smooth Operator Concealer in "Tan" or "Deep"




Whew!! Soooo happy I got that out there into the universe. Happy Blushing!





Have a Beautiful Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment