Monday, June 13, 2011

Sarah is Smitten with . . .

Beauty on the Cheap.

Luxury beauty products are fabulous, elegant and somehow make me think using them will not only do what is promised on the label, but also make me run faster, jump higher and look fabulous while doing it. I often find that expensive cosmetics are pricey for a reason, such as color intensity or longevity or the pureness of it's ingredients. For this reason some of my favorites are a bit on the pricey side. However! I find there is something extra fantastic about scoring a super rad product for less than a ten buck-a-roos, especially when it blows the expensive competition out of the water.  Here are my amazing cheap-o staples:

1. L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara $8.00
    Gigantic feathery lashes? Priceless.


I've tried mascara costing as much as $40.00 a tube, but always go back to L'Oreal Voluminous. It's the best.

2. Aquaphor $4.00
    Creating a new lipgloss with an old lipstick? Priceless.

 
I use Aquaphor for darn near everything. Chapped lips, check. Out of eye cream, check. Cuticle oil, check. Making lipgloss by blending Aquaphor and lipstick, check. Best $4.00 you'll ever spend, I swear.

3. E.L.F. Oil Blotting Sheets $1.00
    Laughing in the face of humidity for less than the cost of a pack of gum? Priceless.


I nearly passed out when I found blotting tissue that retails for one dollar. These little oil absorbing sheets from E.L.F. do the job as well as other brands costing up to $15 a pack. Talk about WAY more bang for your buck!


Have a Beautiful Day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for recommending L'Oreal Voluminous, Sarah!!! I tried it and am hooked! I am usually so reluctant to buy drugstore makeup but this stuff is the best all purpose mascara I have ever used! My lashes pop like never before!

    Cheers,

    Rosanne

    ReplyDelete